Taskforce Orientation Battle:
- The t(aaa)skforce is fighting 2 whistleblowers who broke their nda with petaldive, Alric and Aglet tried to find non-violent solutions but they really wanted to fight
- The party is able to defeat Rumei, the crossbow user, but Cathia, the swordfighter, is strong as fuck and started whaling on Arial for dealing the final blow to their Partner
- Aglet manages to do a really good sneak attack despite being in direct view of everyone
- Arial gets slashed twice in the chest by Cathia. Rip to her supreme dress shirt :( but also new top surgery just dropped!
- Alric heals Arial when she has low hp, and stabilizes her when she's knocked out, but Cathia is still going for the kill. Arial fucking dies?!!??!
- As they begin to swing their sword some sirens blare, declaring the combat session over
- Rumei gets up and she and Cathia are both like Wow good sesh guys! :D and Alric realizes they're both undead
- Arial gets healed but she's still kinda fucked up about it. Then her shirt gets mended but she actually liked the supreme triangle crop top better :(
- At Kons office, Alric and Aglet fill out Arials coworker satisfaction survey!
- Aglet and Alric make fun of Arial for getting her ass handed to her, and Alric even offers to spar with her (Arial will remember that).
- Arial was like "Wait so like do you guys wear armor to work??!!???" and aglet and alric were both like "lol you don't" Unfortunately for Arial this is not the normal office job she was expecting, and Aglet and Alric literally didn't know what to expect from an office job and came prepared
- Alric tries to find any files under his name in the office since he doesn't know what information would be on there, but didn't find any
- He asks the other two how their interview process was like, and they both said they were surprised that the interviews were contactless
Kon arrives and tells everyone that their individual and team performance was pretty good, and that their combat assessment went well. They send Arial and Aglet back to their cubicles, but asks Alric to stay because there seems to be an inconsistency in his application paperwork. (negative nancy voice) Uh oh!
As Kon walks around to sit next to Alric, they take off his glamoured earring – revealing his true appearance and exposing him as Vesper. They then ask if he'd prefer to be called Alric or Vesper when they're alone, to which Alric replies whichever they want. He does, however, ask that his identity remain secret to the rest of the t(aaa)skforce and other coworkers. After their reintroductions, its time to talk business!
In the meantime, Aglet wheels Arial back to their cubicles using the chair she had been sitting in. When they arrive Aglet realizes Arial is sitting in a chair from the HR department...but she already has a chair with her name on it in her cubicle! (All the interns have their names written on a piece of tape on their chairs). She picks Arial up and places her in her actual chair, and wheels the other one back to HR.
While Arial is at her cubicle, Taro from IT (the sole IT employee) comes over to explain some accounting programs that Arial will be using during her time at Petaldive. Even though Arial is a little out of it (taro leaning over her shoulder to explain things didn't help lol gay), she manages to learn the ins and outs of her programs very quickly! Taro also brings her a coconut coffee after their work, because the company accidentally had a shit ton of it shipped over compared to their other flavors.
Back at Kon's office, they reveal themself as Vesper's newest Patron – the one who had requested that he infiltrate Petaldive as Alric Starbrand. This comes as a surprise to Vesper since he very rarely meets with his Patrons in person, let alone as himself. He isn't complaining though, especially as Kon leans in close and...flicks him in the forehead, giving him the spell Wish (hell yeah) – which Vesper can only use once he figures out the secret requirement needed to use it. Kon also throws in the Ray of Frost and Fire Bolt because they like him (double hell yeah).
Then Kon reveals their true assignment for Vesper: The Herald of Darkness, Vesper's sworn enemy, has been attempting to absorb Petaldive into his own company and giving them a hard time in the process. Since Kon had been following Vesper's work, they knew of his history with the Herald of Darkness and figured that their interests would align for long enough to knock him down a peg.
He also mentions that his mother Gardenia – the current CEO of petaldive – has gone missing, and he suspects that the Herald is involved in that too. She looks exactly like Kon and really young for her age, Taro has referred to her as a certified milf in the past.
Anyway, Vesper is enthusiastic about getting a chance for payback, especially when backed up by another powerful being. Kon also mentions that the point of the t(aaa)skforce combat evaluation from earlier was meant to gauge if all three of them would be up to the task, meaning that Vesper will be working with backup.
Before sealing the deal, Kon gets a phone call from none other than the Herald of Darkness himself. It is then that we hear his voice: The awful fantasy Missouri falsetto of none other than Ricky Rat, the Devil who owns Buisney and has a claim on Vesper's soul. He asks to hang out but Kon politely declines, as they're reluctant to even speak to him. After the call, Kon and Vesper shake on it, and as they do all the details of their conversation are transmitted to Arial and Aglet - save for any information pertaining to Vesper's existence.
After the Meeting:
- Arial's at her cubicle resting after her hard work, and when the conversation gets beamed into her head she forgets everything that Taro taught her.
- Aglet's on her way back from dropping the HR chair back, and she's so shocked from the conversation that she trips and falls over.
- Alric makes his way back to his cubicle, when he realizes he feels pretty shaken about the conversation that took place. Kon didn't hold back on his powers and Alric sealed some of his powers before entering Petaldive, so he was feeling the effects of exposure to a higher being.
- He stops by The Water Cool~ to calm down, and texts his taskforce that they can ask him questions about their mission back at their apartments
- When Alric goes back to his cubicle, Arial walks up to him and asks if he and Kon are limp wrists
- Alric was told her that she literally saw how that conversation went (it was extremely fruity but they're just business partners right now) and that was answer enough for her
- He also asked her if she and Taro were limp wrists but her eyes just glazed over and she walked back to her cubicle
- Aglet didn't really remember most of that conversation but she tried being supportive of Alric. Like so happy for you or sorry that happened
- They all head over to Alric's room since it has more locks than Arial's
- Kon comes out of Alrics bathroom like "Hey guys! :D" It turns out that he can teleport to any part of Petaldive because it's his domain
- Alric tells them they have to knock if they're gonna keep doing that, and Aglet and Arial are worried that Kon will just walk into their rooms whenever too. He assures them that he'll only teleport directly to Alric's room since they're ~closer~
- Kon answers any questions that the t(aaa)skforce had regarding their task
- Alric asks Kon for his personal number woahhhhhh. That's a surprise tool that will help us later! but probably not